- Fast FPS action
- Free to play, free to mod
- Two movement styles for new-age players and FPS veterans from the 90’s
- No micro-transactions, rename yourself in-game at no extra charge
- Actual download, no requirement to have Steam
MFArena is an Arena First Person Shooter, that’s being developed as a single player and multiplayer game. Bringing all of the action and fun from Quake 1 through 3, and even bits of Doom. No need to worry about spending years to perfect movement. Tactics, reflex, and aim are the key to have fun.
MFArena is based on a fork of the IDTech3 engine, known as IOQuake3. This current engine focuses on using updated technology to enhance the best out of the IDTech3 engine.
Notice: Do note that this is an alpha release, expect features to be incomplete or not implemented.
Caution: MFArena is not designed for E-Sports, and does not cater to giant AAA-game corporations and their money making schemes. If you’re expecting to make big bucks with this game, please head the other direction. 👌
Downloads for MFArena:
|FULL DOWNLOAD [Mega] <- Download this
File Name = MFArena_Alpha18_3.zip
sha1sum = a8b6945fafe0e36da83892d96a8e776bec409084
md5sum = 2bfd0bca080206ae890a2a3a3dc09fe2
Note: If you experience any errors, such as the wonderful “Couldn’t load default.cfg” message, be sure to report them in the MFArena matrix channel. When you do, please include your system specs (such as your OS), your method of installation, and method of executing the game. Thank you.
|Patch Upgrade from 18.1 [Mega]
File Name = MFArena_Alpha18_3_Patch_Update_Only.zip
sha1sum = ff3fe43f872ea7754ef87064d282ee2b71f70726
md5sum = a5d6711a7b32057b3f3df6d946f126f1
|Source Code [Mega]
File Name = MFArena_Alpha18_3_source.zip
sha1sum = cf2bdad70c93a5b3e8708d665d386bf61610c433
md5sum = 07a44d98b50d0f99a8dadbd340e0a90d
|MFArena Starters Guide (Revision 151220)
A quick basic guide to getting started with MFArena, some what outdated, but still useful.
|Server config template (Revision 191011)
sha1sum = e74a60c753cb5b6573388d800556b89f12e8ce51
md5sum = 5511402132819bed26fd883dd00e21be
If you’re interested in running a MFArena server, but don’t want to create a whole config from scratch… Just plop this in your home ‘basemf’ directory, and edit as you see fit.
You can use the following to start that server (assuming you’re in Linux):
Current issues as of release:
– Some people getting the “couldn’t find default.cfg” error message. Not sure why that’s happening, I will continue to look into it. However, if you could, be sure to report them in the MFArena Matrix channel. When you do, please include your system specs (such as your OS), your method of installation, and method of executing the game. Thank you.
– Players mentioned that the cursor would not appear, when they’re in windowed mode with the console pulled down. I have yet to confirm this.
– Players that are muted for spamming, can evade the mute status by reconnecting. This will be fixed some point in a future update.
Misc game links and info:
Chat Room – MFArena also has a matrix chat room. You can use the Riot web client, create an account, type in
MFArena dedicated server guide (Download) *OUTDATED* – Quick guide on starting up a server. No MFArena servers? Help by creating one. Revised 6/28/15.