- Fast FPS action
- Free to play, free to mod
- Two movement styles for new-age players and FPS veterans from the 90’s
- No micro-transactions, rename yourself in-game at no extra charge
- Actual download, no requirement to have Steam
MFArena is an Arena First Person Shooter, that’s being developed as a single player and multiplayer game. Bringing all of the action and fun from Quake 1 through 3, and even bits of Doom. No need to worry about spending years to perfect movement. Tactics, reflex, and aim are the key to have fun.
MFArena is based on a fork of the IDTech3 engine, known as IOQuake3. This current engine focuses on using updated technology to enhance the best out of the IDTech3 engine.
Notice: Do note that this is an alpha release, expect features to be incomplete or not implemented.
Caution: MFArena is not designed for E-Sports, and does not cater to giant AAA-game corporations and their money making schemes. If you’re expecting to make big bucks with this game, please head the other direction. 👌
Downloads for MFArena:
|FULL DOWNLOAD [Mega] <- Download this
File Name = MFArena_Alpha18_2.zip
sha1sum = f327fb325705986c7ea98962427c9464dc151bc9
md5sum = 4b2a2b3f8246c39092f06857e1bdca9c
Note: If you experience any errors, such as the wonderful “Couldn’t load default.cfg” message, be sure to report them in the MFArena matrix channel. When you do, please include your system specs (such as your OS), your method of installation, and method of executing the game. Thank you.
|Patch Upgrade from 18.1 [Mega]
File Name = MFArena_Alpha18_2_Patch_Update_Only.zip
sha1sum = 8da71362f3dcd6c166e253d7d0f35debf4219f3f
md5sum = e95656086db7efd70c0c98d9da8e567c
|Source Code [Mega]
File Name = MFArena_Alpha18_2_source.zip
sha1sum = 335bbfb9acae455b2b6526778a4b1be1a566d216
md5sum = 1509346e9f4c773608dd6230617d6c79
|MFArena Starters Guide (Revision 151220)
A quick basic guide to getting started with MFArena, some what outdated, but still useful.
|Server config template (Revision 171221)
sha1sum = 73dc4c9de8b15d473686049a3e00daf2d24d2802
md5sum = ccfe3f3f4ef10ed4e023cfd3c1a80d64
If you’re interested in running a MFArena server, but don’t want to create a whole config from scratch… Just plop this in your home ‘basemf’ directory, and edit as you see fit.
You can use the following to start that server (assuming you’re in Linux):
Current issues as of release:
– Some people getting the “couldn’t find default.cfg” error message. Not sure why that’s happening, I will continue to look into it. However, if you could, be sure to report them in the MFArena matrix channel. When you do, please include your system specs (such as your OS), your method of installation, and method of executing the game. Thank you.
– Players mentioned that the cursor would not appear, when they’re in windowed mode with the console pulled down. I have yet to confirm this.
– Players that are muted for spamming, can evade the mute status by reconnecting. This will be fixed some point in a future update.
Misc game links and info:
Chat Room – MFArena also has a matrix chat room. You can use the Riot web client, create an account, type in
MFArena dedicated server guide (Download) *OUTDATED* – Quick guide on starting up a server. No MFArena servers? Help by creating one. Revised 6/28/15.